Normalizing the Ego
To normalize the ego, we must reprogram ourselves. This can take about a year of really hard work in the beginning, but after that it begins to get easier. This is because we are addicted to the endorphins and adrenaline given off when we go into the ego therefore craving drama just like a drug addict. Also, our minds become wired for the ego after many years of programing.
Here is a short list of the some of the more common things that you can do to become more aware:
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) - rewire your brain and retrain yourself to think and speak in ways that produce positive outcomes for you
- Meditation - Learn to meditate using techniques like TM (Transcendental Meditation) and practice receiving your guidance through the space created when you clear the mind
- HMCM (Higher Mind Connection Method) - Complete regular HMCM sessions with a practitioner to help guide you in your communication with Higher Self. Learn to differentiate the difference between ego and your Higher Self. Other forms this type healing work are QHHT (Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique) and LBL (Life Between Lives)
- Let Go of Fear - Fear is one of the main drivers for the ego. Fear can be a healthy driver for us in very small doses but most of us are consumed with fear due to programming from our media that uses a negative form of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) in order to keep you in fear.
- Stop Watching TV - News, commercials, and most television "programming" are designed to keep you buying products and buying into the control systems that they are pushing. Turn it off!
- Let go of Worry - Worry is the ego believing it knows what's going to happen in the future. Ask your Higher Self to stop you when you begin to worry. Worry will create the very things you are are worrying about since that is where you are putting your focus. Once you begin receiving guidance from your Higher Self and trusting your intuition, worry will gradually lose it's appeal.
- Stop Overthinking - There is a healthy amount of thinking and then there is overthinking. If you find yourself going over something again and again trying to figure it all out; write it down and let it go. Let your Higher Self guide you to what to do about a situation or whether anything can be done. If it is what it is, then move on. If your thinking then you're not receiving guidance.
- Let go of Limiting Beliefs - Any time you get into a conflict, step away for a moment, open the journaling app on your phone (Evernote is good one) and begin writing about it. Peel back the layers of the ego until you get to the level of survival. Is this a pattern? Why do you have this egoic reaction? Think back to other times when you felt this way and go as far back as you can to the creation of the limiting belief. Forgive the person and seek to understand how your egos played out in the scene and then understand the bigger picture and lesson to be learned. If it doesn't automatically come to you then ask yourself; "What is the lesson here?" and then write what follows as quick as you can without processing the information.
- Let Go of Overly Egoic People - This includes family and close friends and is especially important if you are trying to detox and reprogram yourself. Once you feel balanced and centered again then you can decide whether you want to re incorporate those people back into your life again in small doses.
- Focus on Love - Focus on love, compassion, and empathy instead of distrust, manipulation, self preservation, jealousy, envy, and resentment.
About the Author
Matthew Marnitz is a spiritual leader, past life regression hypnotist, life coach, and, speaker. He uses a combination of spirituality and past life regression hypnosis to awaken people to their true potential where everything becomes possible in every area of their life; relationships, spirituality, health, and financial abundance.